Monday, May 01, 2006

 

Evaluation

Gentlemen:

We have slipped. I give this year's Men's Retreat a B-, which in the age of grade inflation is the equivalent of a D.

Start with the fact that we screwed up every dinner to some extent, starting with my burned roast. The salmon was premature and then nearly immolated. The chicken was average. The less said about the rack of lamb the better (except that Rich and Jeff's lamb-roasting privileges are revoked at the next TMR). This came about as a result of inattentiveness on our part.

On top of that, we gave no thought to hors'd'ouerves, and as a consequence the Violet Hour was a pathetic spectacle of bread, bland crackers, and lonely cheese.

This mediocrity calls for a Mulligan Men's Retreat, doesn't it? Some time in the fall perhaps?
Comments:
Hmmm... I seem to remember last year when I offered grilled scallops with a miso sauce during the Violet Hour I was roundly abused.

I think grilled oysters or shrimp skewers would be a nice addition.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?